(Both on Zoom Webinar)
SJSM will conduct a pre-AGM Forum on 10 April 2022 at 3pm for members to raise any matters of concern that arise from any item on the AGM agenda, and for answers to be provided, ahead of the deadline for the submission of the proxy voting form (see section on Notice of AGM below). The AGM will be conducted on 24 April 2022 at 3pm.
We encourage all Electoral Roll (ER) members to participate in both the Pre-AGM Forum and the AGM. Click the the sections below for details and online forms.
Timeline of AGM
* Please click the relevant panels for details.
Notice of AGM
Notice is hereby given that the upcoming Annual General Meeting of the members of St. John’s – St. Margaret’s Church will be held by way of ZOOM Webinar on Sunday, 24 April 2022 at 3pm with the following draft agenda items:
1. Opening prayer
2. Vicar and Chairman’s opening address
3. Confirmation of previous AGM Minutes of 25 April 2021 & Matters Arising
4. Appointment & Election of PCC Office Bearers, 7 Council Members and Chinese FDC Representative
5. Honorary Treasurer's Report
a. Adoption of Financial Statements for Year ended 31 December 2021
b. Appointment of Auditors
c. Adoption of Budget for Year ended 31 December 2022
6. Other reports (Chinese FDC, Hon. Secretary & Synod Rep.)
7. Closing remarks and Closing prayer
Under the relevant amended Order under the COVID-19 (Temporary Measures) Act 2020 (Alternative Arrangements for Meetings for Charities, Co-operative Societies and Mutual Benefit Organisations) Order 2020 S327/2020, as amended by S827/2020 and S241/2021 (“the Order”), please note that the following rules govern the forthcoming AGM of St. John's - St. Margaret's Church, which will be conducted electronically. The amendments are applicable beyond 30 June 2021.
1. A member will not be able to attend the AGM in person because we will be having a fully virtual AGM this year, just like in 2021.
2. A member may only attend the AGM by observing and listening to the proceedings of the meeting by electronic means. This year’s AGM will be held on 24 Apr 2022 at 3 pm by Zoom Webinar. Members who intend to be electronically present at the AGM will be required to register online (see the section below 'Submission of Proxy Form & Registration to attend AGM').
3. There will not be an opportunity to raise any questions or matters during the AGM. Instead, members are encouraged to send any questions or raise any substantial and relevant matters before, or at the Pre-AGM Forum on 10 Apr 2022 at 3 pm over Zoom Webinar. Questions can be submitted by post (to St. John's-St. Margaret's Church at 30 Dover Avenue, Singapore 139790), or by emailing email@example.com. These questions and matters will be addressed during the Pre-AGM Forum.
4. A member of the parish may only vote by appointing the Chairman of the AGM (ie. the Vicar) as the member’s proxy to attend, speak and vote at the meeting. This is done by depositing with the parish an instrument of appointment (also known as the "Proxy Form") through the online form provided.
5. A member can only vote at the AGM by submitting a completed Proxy Form not later than 20 Apr 2022, 2359hrs. Quorum at the AGM will be determined by the number of valid Proxy Forms submitted by this date.
6. After the Proxy Forms are submitted and counted, the Chairman will announce the results during the AGM.
Nomination of PCC Members
Nominations for 2022/2023 PCC members will open to ER members on
27 Mar 2022. Please pray earnestly and seriously consider the nomination and election of the following:
Click the button below to submit nominations using an online form. To read more about the role of the PCC, click here.
Closing date: 14 April 2022, 1500 hours.
The annual report will be made available for download to all ER members before the Forum and AGM. If you are not on the ER but would like a copy of the report, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registration for Pre-AGM Forum & AGM
Registration for the pre-AGM Forum will open on 30 March 2022. After the closing date, those who have registered will receive a ZOOM webinar login email. Please click the button below to register.
Closing date for registration: 8 April 2022, 2359 hours.
Registration for the AGM will open on 16 Apr 2022. Following the closing date, those who have registered will receive a ZOOM webinar login email. Please click the button below.
Closing date for registration: 20 April 2022, 2359 hours.
Please note that under the current arrangements, there will not be an opportunity to raise any questions during the AGM held via ZOOM Webinar on 24 April 2022, 3 pm. Instead, members are encouraged to read the Church Annual Report, the Financial Statements and Budget, and thereafter send any questions by post (to St.John's-St.Margaret's Church at 30 Dover Avenue, Singapore 139790), or by emailing email@example.com, before 8 April 2022, 2359hrs.
The Church will also convene a Pre-AGM Forum on 10 April 2022 at 3pm over Zoom Webinar. The church leadership looks forward to an interactive discussion with members who may have questions. Please be aware that the Chairman of the AGM has decided for the record of proceedings at this forthcoming meeting to be adopted into the record of the AGM, when it is convened on 24 April 2022, 3 pm.
The purpose of this Q&A meeting is to allow members to raise any matters of concern that arise from any item on the AGM agenda, and for answers to be provided, ahead of the deadline for the submission of the proxy voting form (on or before 20 Apr 2022, 2359 hrs). We very much hope that members will join us at the meeting. We look forward to seeing you.
* We welcome regular SJSM visitors who have yet to join our Electoral Roll but wish to attend the Forum/AGM. In keeping with our Constitution however, such visitors can only be observers to the meetings.
Online Proxy Voting Form
Submissions of Proxy Forms by ER members will open on 16 Apr 2022.
Closing date of submissions 20 Apr 2022, 2359 hrs. Click below to submit the online proxy voting Form.
The quorum for AGM 2022 is 530. The number of proxies submitted will count towards the quorum for the AGM.
In the event that the quorum is not met, the AGM will be postponed to 1 May 2022. Information related to the session will be communicated following the inquorate AGM.
Enquiries and Requests
If you are not sure if you are on the Electoral Roll, or if you need assistance and have enquiries in matters relating to the Pre-AGM Forum, AGM, Proxy Form, or any of the online procedures, please call our helpdesk at 91556462 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tel: 67770934 (24 hours)
Address: St.John's-St.Margaret's Church
30 Dover Avenue, Singapore 139790